Have you got to a stage in your life and marketing career where you know exactly what you want and don’t want from your next job?
I am looking to talk to an experienced Marketing professional, who is less discerning about high profile brands or B2C and driven by other factors.
Our client is a stable, independent company in the construction industry. They are based in Daventry, Northamptonshire and there is free parking on-site. The culture is very open, collaborative, down to earth, supportive and friendly. The company has experienced incredible growth quickly, and as such everyone is pulling together to work through the challenges that quick changes brings. It’s a reactive time, with much planning being implemented on the side to ensure the business aligns itself to its new world.
The Marketing team has, as such, got busier and needs an additional Marketing professional to join them. The status quo is 70% of the activity is reactive whilst working on the bigger plan to establish the brand and sub-brands and establish marketing strategies and plans that work for their 3 business areas.
The role of Senior Marketing Executive reports into the Marketing Director and will work in a generalist role, planning and delivering a variety of communications and activities. The projects are varied, across events, PR, web, email, social, internal comms, and so much more, even down to signage in the car parks!
You’ll spend your day supporting the scoping, execution and analysis of projects. You won’t be put off by dry/technical subject matter; in fact, turning the technical into something interesting and engaging to the target market is what makes you tick.
- Regularly and continuously undertake industry competitor analysis
- Scope and co-ordinate technical/sales support documentation for use at events and in support of group sales efforts/needs
- Responsible for the review and accurate upkeep of an extensive technical library (in-house and externally) of support documentation working closely with the Marketing Executive
- Support and assist to ensure the efficient promotion of product launches – in house and externally as guided by their Head of Marketing
- Manage the co-ordination of all events including their scoping, execution, support and analysis, including show reels, literature and promotional branded items
- Scope, plan and create case studies in collaboration with Marketing Executive to ensure they are produced and promoted in an appropriate and timely manner
- Support the Head of Marketing with development of ongoing departmental projects including websites, PR/Advertising, email marketing, and supplier engagement
- Assist with all marketing support aspects of Approved Contractor relationships
- Support the Head of Marketing with agency and supplier relationships to ensure their ongoing value remains appropriate and competitive
The team could really do with someone who has worked in various businesses and is able and versatile to not just manage the projects coming through, but to work with the team and wider teams to suggest new things, create opportunities and go on the journey.
- At least 5 years’ experience in B2B manufacturer or technical product/service industry
- Appreciation of the creative process, e.g. brochure creation, and ideally experience with InDesign/Photoshop
- Event management experience
- Organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and work across a variety of projects simultaneously
- Confident and diplomatic communicator - both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail, especially spelling and grammar
- Flexible and adaptable to support other team members and those around the Group as and when required
- Creative flair with the ability to write compelling copy
- Intelligent, structured and articulate
- Numerate and analytical in approach
- Occasional travel to attend meetings or events commands that this post be a clean driving licence holder.
- Ability to initiate, plan and organise own programmes of work, including working to deadlines
So, if you’d like to put your experience to work in a friendly, open, collaborative, varied, and often reactive environment, we would love to talk to you!