Are you a talented Project Manager with a background in development looking for an exciting new challenge - something to really get your teeth stuck in to? Are you passionate about emerging technologies, a leader and like the idea of being part of an innovative team that is on a path to very brilliant things? Then read on!
Whether you're midway through your career or you consider yourself at the top end of it, this role could be for you. This is about talent and passion, so if you consider yourself a bit of a superstar…read on!
Our client is a well-established technical innovations company based in the West Midlands (easily commutable from Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Redditch, and Coventry). They develop digital products and services across a broad spectrum of sectors. If there is a problem to solve through digital technology, the team will embrace it and they are actually changing the way industries operate. It's not about sexy brands. It's about amazingly smart solutions that make big differences to consumers.
Our client offers endless staff benefits, and an incredible working environment making this a really 'one-off' opportunity for a talented developer!
This role really is a fabulous opportunity to work within a growing and innovative company, with loads of room for progression (the sky's the limit!). As the Software delivery manager, you will be leading a growing team of exceptional developers to delivery of a variety of interactive experiences and tools, including VR and AR, to communicate and interact with engineering and architectural design.
You'll be working as part of a driven and innovative, but fun and friendly team, and you will bring to the table outstanding Project Management and leadership skills, amongst other things.
This company is all about its staff, and while they offer incredible staff benefits and a fab working environment, in return they are looking for the very 'best of the best'. To be considered for this role, you will have experience of Agile software development principles with Scrum methodology. Working knowledge of web development, Unity, AR/VR or new technologies would also be highly desirable.
As a delivery manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of software products and services
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Managers to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Setup the agile environment your team needs to build and iterate a user-centred service, removing obstacles or 'blockers' to progress
- Build and maintain motivated project teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important
- Coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- Manage project risks, budgets, pipeline and resource
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
If you think this could be the role for you, please get in touch with your CV ASAP!