About Beyond The Book
Beyond The Book is a specialist recruitment consultancy servicing the Marketing, Digital and Creative Industry. We are based in a beautiful countryside setting just outside of Stratford-upon-Avon, with free parking on site. We pride ourselves on our commitment to creating strong, long lasting relationships and are busy proving to our clients and candidates that knowledge and service is everything.
We believe that sector knowledge is everything when it comes to successful niche recruitment and as such, we have grown a Beyond The Book team of consultants with a depth of knowledge of the sector they lead. It is this that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies and enables our consultants to gain success through strong partnerships with candidates and clients.
As well as this, we believe that we have created a relaxed, enjoyable and autonomous culture that makes working at Beyond The Book a different experience from most other recruiters.
If you are currently working in Marketing, PR, agency Account Management or have significant experience in recruitment for the Marketing industry, and you’re looking for a refreshing change, then we can design a role around you. The sector you will develop will play entirely to your strengths and knowledge.
Let’s tackle some myths!
“Recruitment is all about targets and I’m not sure I want to be in sales”
Our focus at BTB is very different. Of course, our business needs to earn income but we 100% believe that if we make smart choices, take a long-term approach to all that we do, and service our client’s requirements with people, not CVs, then the income follows. And it does.
“Don’t recruiters have to work every evening?”
We are very targeted and discerning in our candidate search and this ensures we have fewer but deeper conversations with candidates. Sometimes you need to talk to people out of work hours, but we balance this by having a flexible approach towards the working week.
“I can already hear people saying, “why have you jumped to the dark side?”, and I really want to be proud of my career choice”
For people who currently work in the industry itself you’ll find the way we need our consultants to work is strongly aligned to your experience. Recruitment has to be about business strategy, marketing, content, account management and relationship building and as such the switch to recruitment isn’t as big as you’d think!
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Proactively building your brand and marketing yourself and your sector
- Building your network of advocates and future candidates within your sector through memorable experiences
- Running complete recruitment campaigns, from brief to placement, to include:
- Face to face client briefings
- Creating interesting and compelling job copy to deploy across multiple channels
- Vacancy management
- Candidate management from initial telephone contact, through to internal interviews, interview prep and placement negotiation
- All client contact throughout the candidate search, to placement
- Working with existing clients, building relationships and ensuring our high service standards are always delivered, with exceptional end to end recruitment solutions
- Identifying and acting on all opportunities to develop relationships with existing clients
- Creating business opportunities by networking and making connections with new companies
- Developing a deep knowledge of current and potential clients, and the industry we serve
- Generating content to be deployed through social media and email, to include written, video and podcast content
- A natural people person with strong relationship building skills and a genuine desire to build relationships
- A self-starter with high levels of motivation and goal orientated
- Experience working on multiple projects
- The ability to think on your feet and think creatively
- A strategic thinker
- A strong team player - not just a cliché - you truly understand the benefit of teamwork and behave and communicate accordingly
- An inquisitive, positive, outgoing personality and a good sense of humour
- An entrepreneurial outlook
- Competitive salary
- A very achievable bonus structure
- Free parking onsite
- Company iPhone and laptop
- Flexible working
If you would love to be part of a growing business that is looking to change the perception of the recruitment industry, then please apply now!