This high-street retailer, with a strong British Heritage, is an aspirational household brand. They are now looking to cover a maternity contract (12-14 months) in their large creative team with a Packaging & Product Designer.
Based in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside (not city centre-based), this company has been growing organically over the past few years and their creative team consists of a team of Packaging, Print, and Digital Designers, along with Animators and a big team of talented Marketers; all looking to deliver a great product and keep the brand delivering with global trends in the FMCG marketplace.
Working in their busy creative team alongside Print and Digital Designers, this Packaging & Product Designer will be responsible for coming up with new ideas and tweaking existing artwork within their core packaging range for new products, designing the vibrant limited editions that they produce, and seasonal packaging as appropriate.
A multi-faceted role. this Designer will work closely with the Head of Creative and the Buying Teams to come up with new ideas and designs for new products and limited editions, looking at what trends are coming in the next 12-18 months. The rest of the creative team often take a steer and get inspiration for their creative campaigns from the design of the packaging, so this is a pivotal role within the business and one where you can certainly influence the creative of the business.
Some of the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responsibility for the creation of all packaging and products. The role will involve developing assets for print across all categories
- Maintaining consistency of design across each category
- Developing creative as briefed through the Buying Team and Head of Creative and acting on any feedback given
- Conducting market research and pro-actively seeking to increase company success through creative, forward-thinking and on-trend design
- You will be expected to Identify and collate trends and use it to inform seasonal product ranges
- Providing guidance to the creative team as appropriate
- Ensuring all own work adheres to brand guidelines and vision
- Taking responsibility for seeing a project through the creative process to final sign off, ensuring that consistency is upheld throughout a project
- Managing own projects, working within scheduling requirements
- Presenting work for approval to the Head of Creative and key stakeholders, through creative review, project updates and sign off meetings as appropriate
You will have at least 4 years' experience of graphic design, ideally having direct experience with creating designs for packaging, and you have strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
You will have a good understanding of the creative process and creative environment and ideally a good understanding of print production processes and techniques.
You have a creative flair and demonstrate a passion for aesthetic perfection, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail. You are curious about trends and have an inquisitive nature.
Whilst experience within a retail brand is advantageous, they are equally as happy if someone has worked as a Designer in a creative agency, ideally with some packaging experience and the want to know and learn more about packaging and print techniques and processes, limitations and solutions.
You are conceptual and creatively driven, but equally at home if it's purely amends that are needed to existing solutions, and enjoy working and inspiring the team.
This role is commutable from Oxford, Chipping Norton, Witney, Abingdon, Swindon, Cirencester, Cheltenham, Moreton in Marsh, Bicester, and Burford.
If all of the above sounds like you, please get in touch with your CV and portfolio as soon as you can.