This role is a massive opportunity for a talented, mid-weight Front End Developer wanting progression, and looking to collaborate with a very creative team and work on a very diverse range of digital products.
Our client is a leading, global design, engineering and project management consultancy, offering the highest level of innovation to their client base (both internal and external). Innovation is at the core of the organisation, with every part of the business pushing boundaries to deliver buildings and infrastructures of the future.
At the heart of the business sits their buzzing in-house creative team; a highly talented and dedicated team of 60 people across 7 locations in the UK, providing expertise in graphic design, UX/UI design, 3D visualisation, motion design, film and immersive media. The team in Birmingham consists of Designers and Developers who are working on a hugely diverse mix of projects (product, web applications, online tools, mobile apps, VR and more). They provide a positive and progressive working culture and we have total faith any Developer would absolutely love the role and culture here.
We are looking to give a fantastic opportunity to a highly creative and innovative Front-End Developer.
Currently, the back end team are being utilised for front end work, so much so, it is now time to get a dedicated and passionate Front End Developer into the business who has the creativity appreciation and thinking to bring to life the concepts produced by the design team. You'll be joining at an exciting time and have the opportunity to shape their future. This is all about Implementing new and emerging technologies to develop their offering of digital products and services. Specifically:
- Collaborate with the wider creative team to push technical excellence through design-led development;
- Utilise existing products, services and boilerplate code where appropriate to increase the efficiency of delivery;
- Pair with Developers and Product Managers to ensure a sound and efficient approach to development;
- Actively seek and suggest better ways of working and improvements to our existing coding practices
We have a very detailed job specification here to talk you through!
We are flexible on years of experience, but think the role would really suit someone at mid-weight level (2+ years), and looking for an opportunity for progression. We are looking for a hands-on Front End Developer with a strong knowledge of modern front-end web technologies, strong creative appreciation and approach and the following skills (depending on experience of course!):
- HTML5 - including semantic mark-up, validation and accessibility
- CSS3, ideally using preprocessors such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with Bootstrap or other cross browser and device UI frameworks
- Experience of building responsive layouts
- Good understanding of cross browser compatibility and limitations, including IE8+, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator to produce high quality mock-ups and assets
- Agency experience and any retail or consumer goods industry exposure would be a bonus, but not essential.
To apply for this Front-End Developer role, please send your CV to us as soon as you can, or call me to discuss it further.