Beyond The Book
Beyond The Book is a specialist recruitment consultancy servicing the Creative, Digital and Marketing Industry. We are based in a beautiful countryside setting just outside of Stratford-upon-Avon, with free parking on site. We pride ourselves on our commitment to creating strong, long lasting relationships, and are busy proving to our clients and candidates that knowledge and service is everything.
Through growing a Beyond The Book team with like-minded people from the industry we are setting ourselves apart from other recruitment agencies and, as well as this, we believe that we have created a relaxed, enjoyable and autonomous culture that makes working at Beyond The Book a very different experience from other recruiters.
If you are currently in Account Management or Creative Services (Creative, Digital or Marketing), or have significant experience in Marketing and Creative recruitment, and you're looking for a refreshing change - please read on! Of particular interest would be someone who has worked closely with Creatives and would love to become our next Creative Consultant.
The sector you will develop will play entirely to your strengths and knowledge area. If you have been an agency Account or Project Management (client-facing), or in a Marketing or Creative role on client side, we can design a role around you. This could be on permanent or freelance, in the areas of Digital, Creative, PR, Marketing or Tech.
Let’s tackle some myths!
“Recruitment is all about targets and I’m not sure I want to be in sales”
Our focus at BTB is very different. Of course, our business needs to earn income but we 100% believe that if we make smart choices, take a long-term approach to all that we do and service our client’s requirements with people, not CVs, then the income follows. And it does.
“Don’t recruiters have to work every evening?”
We are very targeted and discerning in our candidate search and this ensures we have fewer but deeper conversations with candidates. These are conversations with like-minded people, who are in the industry you are from. Sometimes you need to talk to people out of work hours, but we balance this by having a flexible approach towards the working week.
“I can already hear people saying, ‘why have you jumped to the dark side?’, and I really want to be proud of my career choice”
That’s an easy one. We really believe we are a different kind of recruiter to work for and feel very proud to be part of a business whose mission has always been to be a recruitment consultancy that both clients and candidates are eager to experience.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Proactively building your brand and marketing yourself and your sector
- Building your network of advocates and future candidates within your sector through memorable experiences
- Running complete recruitment campaigns, from brief to placement, to include:
- Face to face client briefings
- Creating interesting and compelling job copy to deploy across multiple channels
- Vacancy management
- Candidate management from initial telephone contact, through to internal interviews, interview prep and placement negotiation
- All client contact throughout the candidate search, to placement
- Working with existing clients, building relationships and ensuring our high service standards are always delivered, with exceptional end to end recruitment solutions
- Identifying and acting on all opportunities to develop relationships with existing clients
- Creating business opportunities by networking and making connections with new companies
- Developing a deep knowledge of current and potential clients, and the industry we serve
- At least 3 years in a marketing or creative environment, and therefore a good understanding of the marketing and creative industries and the recruitment challenges of both agency and client side.
- Or, at least 3 years in a Marketing and Creative Recruitment environment
- A natural people person with strong relationship building skills and a genuine desire to build relationships
- A self-starter with high levels of motivation and the ability to work on multiple projects
- The ability to think on your feet and act creatively
- A willingness to understand the commercial aspect of building a recruitment desk
- A strong team player - not just a cliché - you truly understand the benefit of teamwork and behave and communicate accordingly
- An inquisitive, positive, outgoing personality and a good sense of humour
- Competitive salary
- A very achievable bonus structure
- Free parking onsite
- Company iPhone and laptop
If you would love to be part of a growing business that is looking to change the perception of the recruitment industry, then please apply now!!