An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Account Manager, or Account Director, looking to bring their agency career in house and enjoy all the security and fresh challenges this will bring!
Our client is in the education sector, with an increasingly busy in-house agency/creative media team delivering across design, media, digital and print. The team are staffed with talented and motivated individuals across creative and account management. We are looking for an agency professional with plenty of positive energy to head up the Account Management team and oversee the service and quality they provide to the business and its stakeholders.
This role reports directly into the Director of Creative Media and is responsible for a team of Account Managers who, in turn manage multiple projects and client relationships. Very operational and service focussed, the Head of Account Management will ensure the team are working with the various marketing, academics and professional services teams, supporting these 'clients' and managing their expectations on project delivery.
You will regularly liaise with the marketing managers and other senior managers to improve strategic planning too, ensuring effective briefing into the Creative Media team.
As Head of Account Management you will line manage and lead the Account Management team but also deputise for the Director of Creative Media when required; developing people skills by coaching and mentoring. You will also be an ambassador for the brand identity, ensuring brand guidelines and standards are met across the organization. So, not only will you be mentoring and supporting the team but it's key that you have a clear understanding of a client's requirements and the ability to translate these into an excellent brief, benchmarked against the strategy and brand.
You will be empowered to drive continuous improvement in terms of identifying opportunities to streamline core process and save costs through establishing agency best practices.
You will be firstly, and most importantly, an agency professional with a genuine passion for people, service and delivery. Specifically:
- Substantial experience in an agency and proven account management and project delivery experience working with commercial brands
- Excellent client facing skills - interpersonal, written/verbal communication and presentation
- Proven credibility in the digital marketing space
- Educated to at least degree level in Marketing, Advertising, Media Studies, Business Management, or a Design/Creative discipline or similar
- Proven strategic marketing/client relations/account management expertise or other relevant experience
- At least five years' experience of managing people and teams
- Sound level of knowledge of collecting, handling and analysing research data
- Confident, tactful with a persuasive manner and the ability to successfully negotiate and positively challenge
- Strong spoken and written communication and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly
- Well-developed managerial and organisational skills, developing, planning, scheduling, prioritising and the ability to work accurately to an agreed deadline
- Good business sense and commercial awareness with the ability to monitor project budgets and the skills/confidence to feed into the wider CM business remit
We must also point out that there is a generous holiday allowance available, and a very nice working environment too! There's a lot more to tell you, so get in touch and we can go through the detail or send your CV to us today!
Apply for this role