Are you a commercially minded, results driven, Digital Design professional? Is user experience at the core of everything you do? Do you have experience in a B2C e-commerce environment where customer acquisition and engagement are key? If you are ticking any of these boxes, then this is one to look at.
Our client is a very well-established (and still growing!), specialist on line retailer with more than 3,000 employees across 24 European countries, the USA, Canada and South Africa. Therefore, it goes without saying that there will be opportunities to travel for the right person. Not only do they take pride in developing their staff, but they genuinely reward hard work and talent with extremely competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. What's more they offer a fun, yet hard working environment with all the mod cons!
The UK operation is based in Warwick in Warwickshire, where they operate two 'direct to consumer' websites, as well as partnering with a number of leading retailers.
The Digital UX Designer is a key member of the design and development team. You will be leading regular design cycles and will be responsible for the full life-cycle of a digital project from concept to delivery.
Design centred around the user is at the heart of this role and the work you will be producing. Every decision made will need to result in commercially focussed design that benefits both the user and the business.
You will be working alongside a Junior Digital Creative and the wider team, including Developers and the Digital Marketing function, to create fantastic commercially focussed design, and with a focus on ROI and CRO.
- Creating high-quality, pixel-perfect designs using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch, ensuring a mobile-first approach is adopted
- Design concepts for new pages and journeys
- Actively participate in project 'kick-off' meetings and setting accurate timescales for delivery
- Using wireframing tools to form the basis of designs and prioritise page content
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments, techniques and trends
- Present final designs to key stakeholders within the business and gaining buy-in to achieve sign-off
- Adhere to brand guidelines, ensuring the correct implementation at all times
- Tracking the progress of projects and providing regular status updates
- Analysing user behaviour using heatmaps and screen recordings to inform future design iterations
- Conducting A/B testing to optimise website performance
- Work in a team environment with a strong emphasis on collaboration
- Passionate advocate of user-centered design
- A strong portfolio of previous design work
- Strong understanding of responsive design and mobile-first methodology
- Expert knowledge of wireframing and interface design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch, Balsamiq etc.)
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of A/B and multivariate testing to optimise website performance
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role, preferably within an e-commerce environment
This role would really suit a commercially minded Digital Design professional, who is looking to build their own role for a great client side business with international exposure.
You will have a wide scope to instil best practice and methods going forward, and to make your mark on the creative that the business produces.
Ideally you will be a natural collaborator and happy to work with the wider team to produce the best work possible. This is not an eyes down design role but very much overseeing the quality and commercial effectiveness of the work produced, as well as getting the opportunity to set the standard and produce great design yourself.
So, if you're passionate about design, UX is at the heart of what you do, and you love constantly collaborating with other friendly talented professionals to move work forwards, this is definitely one for you to look at.
Get in touch!
If all of this sounds like you, and you're ready to join a fun and hard-working Digital team, where you'll be instrumental in driving customer acquisition and engagement, then please send us your CV today and call me to chat it through further!