If you are a talented Lead Developer with a very strong grasp on the latest front end technologies, and you love the constant buzz of agency life, this could be the perfect role for you; great environment; talented team; big clients; amazing projects!
Imagine yourself within the media ‘arm’ of a glossy creative advertising and media agency with a reputation that exceeds them, and clients worth bragging about across the automotive, finance, property, travel, retail and charity sectors – clients that include the likes of Bentley motor cars and Sunseeker yachts
The digital division is responsible for the strategic development, planning, user experience, design, development and ongoing support and aftercare for many of the agency's clients. Working in an integrated 360o fashion with other divisions (PR, Media, Advertising), the division creates a range of digital solutions including: enterprise class websites, campaign sites, social apps and mobile / tablet solutions.
The whole agency, as well as the digital function, has grown at a good pace over the last twelve months and they're not finished yet! With a string of new hires since January this year, you will be the most Senior Developer, joining a team made up of front end, back end and full stack developers, alongside digital project managers and digitally focussed designers.
As the Lead Developer, you will be responsible for the management and deliver of medium to large scale projects. You will have responsibility to ensure that the projects are accurately scoped working alongside strategic, creative and development teams.
You will need advanced communication skills, as well as being able to negotiate project criteria to ensure a successful outcome for both the business and client.
Alongside excellent development skills you will need to have experience of running a development team previously in an agency environment, and come with have strong leadership and planning skills. You really want to be at the forefront of the latest web trends that you can apply yourself, and through the wider digital team to some of the biggest brands on the market that gain huge international exposure.
At least three years’ experience in a Lead Developer position that involves team management is going to be essential to this role. As well as:
- Experience developing and leading large-scale technology engagement in an agency environment.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. JS, C#, PHP, SQL, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies.
- Advanced experience of Git and methodologies (git flow in particular) including CLI usage
- Experience of industry standard CMS such as Umbraco and Sitecore
- Good experience of pre-processors – sass / less
- Knowledge of unit testing & automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of CI / CD workflows
- Experience creating heavily interactive single page web apps, including using technology like two-way data bindings
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.).
- Work with resource managers to define overall recruiting needs, in addition to collaborating with Technical Director to develop estimates and overall implementation of solution plans.
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
So, if you are a passionate and knowledgeable person who is not afraid to get involved with your team members to produce the best work possible in a very busy agency environment, we want to hear from you! Please send your CV or get in touch today!
Apply for this role